After a fun season of spring soccer which ended with an awesome tournament for Rebekah, we were looking forward to an end of June British Soccer Camp. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and we will not be able to participate this year after all. But, both Rebekah and I had so many good memories from last year's camp that we wanted to share them with you. Camps are located all around the country - check out the dates and locations here. And if you enroll using the code USFG16, you will receive a free water bottle.
The things I liked the most about our experience last year were:
- My daughter kept a ball moving between her feet for more of the summer
- Her skills actually did improve over the week
- It's great to get skills training from someone other than your 1-2 coaches as each person can give you something new
- Teamwork was emphasized - no player was left out because s/he wasn't as strong as another player
- The rules for the scrimmage were so inclusive the kids didn't realize it was to make sure nobody was hogging the ball and every child had the chance to dribble, pass and shoot.
- The campers learned about other countries and cultures
To see the full 2015 Week in Review (including photos of camp), please click here.
We are very disappointed that our schedule won't allow us to do the camp this year. I'm hoping others of you with children who like soccer will take advantage of the opportunity to expand your child's horizons by attending a British Soccer Camp near you.
About the program:
British Soccer Camp is the most popular camp in North America - 150,000 campers! With an innovative curriculum that develops skills, speed and confidence in players ages 3-18, British Soccer Camps provide boys and girls with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international expert's right in the heart of their own community. In addition to teaching new skills and improving game performance, each British Soccer Camp provides lessons in character development, cultural education and is the most fun your child can have learning the sport they love!